Malai Ladoo Recipe with paneer and condensed milk as main ingredients.I can write the recipe here itself its just as easy as that, grind both paneer and condensed milk together cook until it becomes thick,then shape them into ladoos and serve thats it.My sister suggested me to check milkmaid website and thats where I grabbed this malai ladoo idea.
This will be a instant hit with kids yes even my picky eater loved this ladoo and kept asking for more so its 100% kids approved recipe.Mittu is choosy when it comes to sweets too unlike me but she enjoyed these kesar malai ladoo so much that she has asked me to make it again....yayyy!!
Malai Ladoo Recipe
Preparation Time:10 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Makes:around 12 small ladoos
Paneer - 1 cup grated
Condensed Milk - 1/2 cup
Pistachios - 7
Rose Essence - 3 drops
Cardamom powder - 1/8 tsp
Ghee - 1 tsp(just for greasing)
Saffron - 5 to 6 strands
Recipe Category: Sweets | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Take paneer,crumble it well with your hands,Set aside.Chop the pistachios.
- In the mixer jar, add crumbled paneer,add condensed milk and saffron.
- Grind it to a fine paste, it will be creamy but will have a slight coarse texture when you touch and see.Now grease the pan with ghee.If you use nonstick pan then no need to grease.
- Add the paste and start cooking in low flame.In few mins, it will start to thicken.Keep stirring continuously.
- Keep cooking until it becomes thick, it will start to roll and textured like below.
- When it starts to leave the sides of the pan,add rose essence,cardamom powder and give a quick mix.Pinch a tiny portion,roll and see if it forms a ball,then switch off.
- It will not be completely dry,it will still be moist.Let it cool down for sometime.When it is still warm, make small balls.It will be moist at this stage but will become firm after cooling down.
- Dip each ball into the nuts mixture and arrange it in a plate.
Cool down and store in airtight container.
- The ladoos are soft and has a melt in the mouth texture.
- I did not add extra sugar, the sweetness from condensed milkwas just right for us.If you want you can add a tbsp of sugar while grinding the paneer mixture.
- I made bit sized ladoos, it looked cute and is kid friendly too.Mittu loved it so much!
- You can skip saffron and make it plain, the ladoos will be white in color.
- You can even use half and half of milk and condensed milk but if you use milk shelf life will be reduced.
Labels: Diwali 2016, Diwali Sweets, diwali sweets recipes