Namak Pare Recipe with step by step pictures - Namak Pare is a crunchy snack best suitable for teatime. I tried this recently when I was looking for ideas for easy diwali recipes.I first thought this would taste similar to our savory diamond cuts
, but this is more like pastry in texture and the ajwain flavour is so unique in this.
I referred here
for the recipe,I checked many but this version used half and half of wheat flour and maida so tried this.This is very easy and also quick to make..kids will love it for sure.No major difficulties, no consistency check..this snack can be the best to try for this Diwali 2016.Namak Pare can be made in bulk and stored, namak pare with a cup of coffee / tea is such a blissful combo..!
Now lets get on to learn how to make this easy snack Namak Pare..Shall we?!
Namak Pare Recipe
Preparation Time:10 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Makes:around 20 small pieces
Maida - 1/4 cup
Wheat Flour - 1/4 cup heaped
Fine Rava - 1 tbsp
Ajwain seeds -1/4 tsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Oil - to deep fry
Salt - to taste
Water - little less than 1/4 cup
Recipe Category: Sweets | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Take maida,wheat flour,sooji,ajwain,ghee and required salt.First mix it well,then add water little by little.
- Keep kneading and adding water little by little to form a soft pliable dough like this.Keep covered for 15mins.
- Then take it out and knead it once.Roll it using a chapathi roller to slightly thick, it should thick like salted crackers.Now prick with fork to avoid puffing.
- Using a knife cut like this.Each piece can be 1and 1/2 inches long.carefully separate them.
- Now heat oil - add few pieces,do not overcrowd.It will slowly come up and change color.Do not keep the flame in high,low medium should be fine.
- Deep fry till golden on both sides.Take it out and drain in tissue paper.Likewise fry the remaining.
Cool down and store in airtight container.
- While rolling, do not roll it thin,it should be slightly thick like crackers.
- Fry until its golden brown else it will become chewy and not crispy.
- You can make it fully with maida too or use wheat flour fully too.
Labels: Diwali 2016, Teatime snacks