This Instant Cerelac made with Phool Makhana / Puffed Lotus Seeds was on my mind since I saw this in babycenter website.I was also requested for homemade instant cerelac recipes by few readers so thought to share this porridge recipe which I tried recently. This porridge is a no cook version which will be very helpful for travel.Also Phool Makhana is very healthy and is suitable for babies.You can start feeding this porridge from 8th month.
I usually nbuy Makhana for mittus sake she loves roasted Makhana,once when mittu was having it gugu also picked one and tasted it and I was watching to know how he liked it and to my surprise he liked it too so tried this porridge mix confidently. As I expected he likes this porridge too yaay!! :)
I am just back from a short trip
so will be sharing navaratri recipes soon.
Check other baby food recipesCheck other porridge recipes
Please remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.Always consult your pediatrician before introducing any new food.
Phool Makhana Porridge Mix for Babies - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Makes: 1/2 cup
Phool Makhana - 2 cups
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
For the porridge:Phool Makhana Porridge mix - 2 heaped tsp
Water - as needed
Roasted Jeera Power - a very tiny pinch
- Measure and take makhana.Cut open each one and check if there is any worms or fungus...just check it.Then take it in a pan and dry roast it.Keep roasting in low flame, keep turning over for even roasting.
- Roast it until it is crispy and is slightly golden.If you try popping one in your mouth,it should be crisp and not chewy thats the right stage.switch off.Cool down and transfer to a mixer jar.Powder it fine.If you want you can sieve it.
- It was fine only so I didn't sieve it.Cool down then store in airtight container.Now while making porridge : Take 2 heaped tsp makhana porridge mix then add roasted jeera powder.
- Add hot water,mix well until it forms a smooth porridge.
- You can even sieve the powder once if you prefer.
- Makhana is usually bland, so I added roasted jeera powder.You can try adding either sweet or some flavouring to this porridge.
- For sweet porridge,you can either add palm sugar or jaggery syrup too.
- You can even add a drop of ghee which is optional.
Labels: 8-10 months baby food recipes, Baby Food Recipes, Baby Porridge Recipes