This Butterscotch Oats Bars is one of the easiest no bake bars that I've tried recently.I tried this recipe to finish up all the leftover ingredients I had in hand and this turned out to be super hit that I am always demanded to make these bars whenever we feel like eating a sweet snack.This recipe is so versatile, you can add a a handful of nuts,dried fruits or more choco chips as per your liking.I have given replacements for butterscotch chips and rice krispies in my notes incase if you can't find these in your place.
I make these bars ready the previous night and pack it for mittus school snack box the next day.She so loves these bars, that I have to hide it from her else she will finish half of it in no time.Even gugu is fond of this and runs at the back of his sister asking for these bars :) I shared this pic as a teaser in Instagram
few months back and finally only now I got to post these.
These bars have a good shelf life as we are keeping them refrigerating.It keeps well for about a week,haven't tested them beyond that time by then mostly it will get over.
Do try these easy no bake bars and let me know how you liked it!
Butterscotch Oats Bars Recipe
Preparation Time:15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Makes:12 medium sized cookies
Quick Cooking Oats - 1 and 1/2 cups
Rice Krispies - 1/2 cup
Unsalted chilled butter - 2 tbsp
Butterscotch Chips - 1/4 cup
Brown Sugar - 1/3 cup
Chocolate Chips - 1 tbsp
Butterscotch Essence - few drops
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Dry roast oats till nice aroma comes and is slightly browned,do it in low flame.It may take 5-8mins,Now in a mixing bowl take oats and rice krispies.
- Mix it once,Keep aside.In a sauce pan take butterscotch chips,brown sugar and butter.Heat it up,first it will melt to form a goey liquid.
- Then it will start to bubble up,cook for a minute,keep mixing and switch off the flame and add butterscotch essence,give a quick mix.
- Now our this into the mixing bowl,mix well with a laddle.Mix well so that the sauce is evenly coated.Lay aluminum foil in a tray and quickly transfer the mixture to it.
- Spread it well then pat it with a flat bottomed bowl to get a even top.When it is still warm sprinkle choco chips,it will easily stick to the bars.Refrigerate for 15mins.Cut and serve.
Serve with a glass of milk.Keep refrigerated until serving time.
- I used cane sugar but you can replace it with brown sugar too.
- I used rolled oats as I had it in hand ,I just pulsed it 2 times in mixie.But for this recipe quick cooking oats should be good to go.
- You can skip butterscotch chips and add more brown sugar too.
- If you don't have butterscotch chips then add brown sugar 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup of nuts and dry fruits.
- If you don't have rice krispies just skip it and add 1/2 cup oats instead.
- Refrigerating gives firmness and its easy to cut.
- If you are planning to store keep refrigerated else the bars mwy start to become crumbly and fall apart easily.
- I got around 20 medium sized bars.
- Just plus or minus the ingredients but keep in mind that sugar should be more to make the mixture sticky which will yield bars,if the mixture is crumbly then it will become muesli :)
- You can skip butterscotch essence and make it vanilla flavored too.
Labels: Healthy Bars, Oats Recipes