I was always looking for cookies that are buttery,soft and has a cracked top and this recipe is a keeper.The original recipe
had choco chips and raisins,I replaced it with butterscotch chips modifying the recipe a bit and the cookies were superhit.The cookies were crunchy with a buttery flavour in each bite and the butterscotch flavour added more dept and essence.If you like butterscotch flavour then this recipe is a must try for you! Actually butterscotch chips should be just like chocochips with a melt in the mouth texture but the ones we get here are different, they have a nutty texture which also tastes good,we love it a lot so buy it quite often.
These are eggless and super simple to bake, so do try this and let me know..I am waiting! :)
Eggless Butterscotch Cookies Recipe
Preparation Time:15 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Makes:15 small sized cookies
Maida - 3/4 cup
Butter - 1/8 cup
White Granulated Sugar - 1/4 cup minus 2 tbsp
Buttermilk - 1/4 cup(Curd - 1/8 with water)
Butterscotch Essence - 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Butterscotch Chips - 1/4 cup
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Prepare buttermilk by whisking curd with water,Set aside.In a mixing bowl - beat sugar and butter together in medium speed until creamy.
- Add butterscotch essence,mix it once.Add prepared buttermilk.
- Beat it once.In another mixing bowl add together maida,salt and baking soda,whisk it for even mixing.
- Now add this to butter sugar mixture.Beat it once to bring everything together.
- Add butterscotch chips and fold it.
- Cling wrap it and refrigerate for atleast 30mins.Use a measuring spoon to take the dough,
- Roll it and slightly flatten with your palms.Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Meanwhile you shape all the cookies,Place them on a baking tray with butter paper lined.Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 mins or until the edges start to brown.Keep an eye after 10 mins itself.Carefully remove them from butter paper then cool in wirerack.
Cool down and then store in airtight container.Serve warm with a glass of milk or as a tea time snack.
- Do not overbake, the biscuits will become hard.The cookies should be just golden and not browned.
- I just refrigerate for 15mins as I wanted my cookies to spread out.
- These cookies spread out so arrange them accordingly leaving enough space between each cookie.
- You can replace butterscotch chips with choco chips and replace butterscotch essence with vanilla essence.
- Refrigerating the dough for a while avoids spreading of cookies while getting baked.
- I got around 15 small sized cookies.
- If the dough is too sticky then grease the butter paper.I did not grease as there was no need.
- The baking timing depends on the cookie size and thickness.If you are making a slighter thicker cookie then it might take 15 mins to get baked fully, so adjust the timing accordingly.
- The cookies were too sweet for my tastebuds, but mittu didn't complain.
Labels: butterscotchchips, Eggless Baking, Eggless Cookies