This Whole Wheat Porridge can be started once the baby completes 6 months.We usually start with ragi porridge made with extracted ragi milk as in this post
, you can try this porridge too as its highly nutritious.I still remember the day when I first introduced this porridge to gugu,he had a smiling face as he loved this porridge a lot.Do try this for your baby.
If your baby is allergic to wheat then take your doctors advice before introducing wheat.
I usually feed this koozh with jaggery syrup or karupatti syrup
Check other baby food recipesCheck other porridge recipes
But remember mothers feed is the best and its always good to start with other food only after the baby finishes 6 months.Always consult your paediatrician before introducing any new food.
Whole Wheat Milk Porridge for Babies - Ingredients
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Makes: 2 feeds
Whole Wheat - 1/3 cup
Water - around 1 cup
Sweetner - 1 tsp
Ghee - 1/4 tsp
Recipe Category: Baby Food | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
*NOTE:Please adjust the quantity as per your baby needs.
- Soak whole wheat overnight.Rinse it well and drain water.
- Transfer the wheat grains to a mixer jar.Add water.
- Grind it , add more water if needed.Transfer to a strainer.
- Press it well with a spoon to extract milk which will be thick.Again do this process to extract 2nd thin milk.Collect the extracted milk in a bowl.
- Now transfer it to a pan.Start cooking in low flame, it will start to thicken and gives a shine.It will take atleast 5-7mins in low flame.
- Add ghee and keep cooking till its thick and coats the laddle.At this stage add any sweetner of your choice.
- Cook for 3-5mins then switch off.
Feed warm along with few drops of ghee or as such.
- You can use any wheat either punjab or samba.I used samba.
- You can skip sweetner and feed it as such too.
- Cook in low flame, make sure it gets cooked well.
- This porridge gets thick after cooling down so switch off accordingly.
- I use jaggery syrup or karupatti syrup.
Labels: 6 months baby food recipes, Baby Food Recipes, Baby Porridge Recipes