I love whole wheat bakes and was on the look out for whole wheat carrot muffins recipe and this
one was apt. I tried it with cane sugar,though the muffins didn't puff up and was dense,we love the texture very much.Mittu didn't complain so it was a win win for me :) I am sure am going to try such healthy bakes often.
Soft moist delicious carrot muffins ready.You can even give this for kids breakfast.wholesome and healthy too!
Eggless Carrot Muffins Recipe
Preparation Time:15 mins | Baking Time : 25 mins | Makes:15 medium sized muffins
Wheat flour - 1 and 1/4 cup
Grated Carrot - 3/4 cup
Cane Sugar - 1 cup
Water - 1/4 cup
Yogurt - 1 cup
Oil - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Walnuts - 2 to 3 tbsp, chopped
Recipe Category: Cakes | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
- Measure and take cane sugar in a mixing bowl,add water to it.
- Whisk it well then strain o remove impurities,Set aside.Wash 2 small carrots.trim the edges peel off the skin. and grate them finely.
- Measure and keep it ready.In a mixing bowl,take curd add vane sugar syrup.
- Add oil, and whisk it well then add vanilla essence.
- Measure whole wheat flour,take it in a siever,add salt,baking soda and baking powder.Sieve it twice.Then add the sieved flour to the curd mixture.
- Whisk it well it will thick but flowing batter.Now add carrot and fold it .
- Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Meanwhile line the muffin tray with liners.Usinga icecream scooper scoop out the batter and add it to the liners till 3/4 th.Sprinkle chopped walnuts.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20mins or until the top turns golden.
Cool down then store.
- I used homemade atta.
- The batter should be flowing but thick.
- Keep an eye after 20mins and bake accordingly.Insert a tooth pick and check.
- I added chocolate semiya for few muffins for mittus sake like here.
- I got 15 medium sized muffins as my muffin liners were a bit small.
- You can even bake this cake in a cake mold / loaf pan in that case it may take more time to bake may be 35-40mins.Timing may vary..so plus or minus 5mins according to your oven.
Labels: eggless muffins, Muffins Recipes