Easy Rasmalai Recipe - Instant 15-min Rasmalai

Rasmalai Recipe
Rasmalai is a rich indian delicacy, Rasmalai is my favorite eversince I tasted it from Annapoorna GowriShankar.Even now whenever we dine there, I end up with this rasmalai for dessert.Sometimes I even order some light dinner and reserve my tummy for this rasmalai :) I usually make rasmalai this way, but have always wondered about the taste in sweet shops / restaurants....So I tried a instant version with store bought mini rasgullas and condensed milk and it turned out super yum....It was just perfect! I am sure this easy version can be made when you have guests at home or during festive occasions when you have other works to do so perfect for Diwali time too! :)

I loved this terracotta bowl when I saw it in a supermarket....I picked it up at once and the first thing that came to mind was to click rasmalai :)

Check homemade rasgullas recipe and bread rasmalai recipe that I posted earlier.
Rasmalai Recipe

Rasmalai Recipe - Ingredients

Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 10 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Sidedish | Recipe Cuisine: Indian

Rasgullas - around 15
Milk - 1 cup
Condensed milk - 1/2 cup
Chopped Nuts(pista,cashews and badam) - 2 tbsp+ 1 tsp for garnish
Saffron - 3 to 4 strands
Cardamom powder - a pinch(optional)

Method:

  1. Take a pan - add condensed milk to it, add a tbsp of milk and whisk it well.Now add remaining milk and let it boil in medium flame for 5mins. Keep stirring.Crush saffron strands and add it.The color of milk will change to slightly yellow color, after saffron is added, let it boil for a minute.
    How to make rasmalai - Step1
  2. Then add chopped nuts, cardamom powder give a quick mix and let it boil.Now take your rasgullas.I used store bought rasgullas this time.
    How to make rasmalai - Step2
  3. Take lemon squeezer and squeeze the excess sugar syrup from the rasgullas.Be gentle else the rasgullas will crumble.Now add the rasgullas to the milk and let it simmer for 5mins in low flame.Switch off.
    How to make rasmalai - Step3
Cool down for few mins, then refrigerate for atleast an hour.Serve chilled!

Rasmalai Recipe

My Notes:

Rasmalai Recipe

Labels: ,