Chocolate Glaze Recipe - Easy Chocolate Glaze for Cakes and Cookies

Chocolate Glaze Recipe
I have been making this chocolate glaze recipe since 2 yrs whenever I make birthday cakes for hubby and mittu. I am always reluctant to try heavy frosting with butter, cream etc So when I was searching for making a quick and simple glaze for mittus birthday cake 2 yrs back, happened to see this recipe and after that most of the cakes that I bake for family occassions will have this frosting as the lil one demands it.This is quick and handy which is originally from Hersheys website and I have tried this glaze with cakes,cupcakes and even for cookies, works perfect.I used this frosting for buttermilk chocolate cake that I made, will post the recipe by next week.

Chocolate Glaze Recipe

Chocolate Glaze Recipe

Preparation Time:10 mins | Processing Time : 20 mins | Serves:2
Recipe Category: Sweet | Recipe Cuisine: IndianRecipe Reference: KitchenTrials

Powdered Sugar - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1 heaped tbsp
Coco powder - 1 tbsp
Water - 1 tbsp
Vanilla Essence - 1/4 tsp

Method:

  1. Take powdered sugar and coco powder in a mixing bowl, whisk it well.Add water.
    How to make Chocolate Glaze Recipe - Step1
  2. In a container add butter and melt it in low flame, it should be just melted.Switch off and add it to sugar coco mixture.Add vanilla essence.
    How to make Chocolate Glaze Recipe - Step2
  3. Mix well with a whisk, it will look very thin further mixing and cooling down makes it thick.
    How to make Chocolate Glaze Recipe - Step3
Your glaze is ready to be used for cakes / cookies.
Chocolate Glaze Recipe

My Notes:

Chocolate Glaze Recipe

Labels: ,