Eggless Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies Recipe

Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies Recipe
Coconut Cookies were on my to try list,also I had half the pack of desiccated coconut waiting to be used up so tried coconut cookies with it.These cookies were absolutely delicious with a crunch in every bite and the coconut flavour was just out of the world.Last year I tried another coconut cookies recipe but it turned out so hard even to bite into so this time I just altered my whole wheat cookies recipe and voila this recipe is a great hit! I am experimenting cane sugar in a lot of baking these days...The taste of these cookies reminded me the thenga mittai which I had during my childhood days...I dont know how many can relate to it, the light brown candy with a transparent wraper and white print on it, I just love it.

As I've worked hard since September for all the festive shoots ;) , I am leisurely taking a  break from clicking so the posts are coming from the drafts that I had clicked earlier.I have a handful of baking recipes so this is the right time to post cakes and cookies as Christmas is nearing...May be few weeks later will start clicking,will come back with a fresh set of styling and pictures hopefully :)

Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies Recipe

Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies Recipe

Preparation Time:15 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Makes:12 medium sized cookies
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian

Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Cane Sugar - 1/2 cup
Dessicated Coconut - 1/4 cup heaped + 1 tbsp
Unsalted chilled butter - 1/4 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1/4 tsp(optional)
Milk(Boiled and cooled) - 2 to 3 tbsp

Method:

  1. Measure and take butter,melt it and take it in a mixing bowl,now add cane sugar to it and whisk it.How to make Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies Recipe - Step1
  2. Add vanilla essence,mix it once.Now in a seperate bowl take wheat flour and dessicated coconut.
    How to make Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies Recipe - Step2
  3. Whisk it for even mixing,now add this flour-coconut mixture to the mixing bowl.Mix it well with your finger tips it will be crumbly.
    How to make Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies Recipe - Step3
  4. Now add milk just enough to gather together to a dough.Do not knead,just gather to form a dough.Now use your measuring spoon or any small scooper to scoop the dough.This is for getting even sized cookies.
    How to make Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies Recipe - Step3
  5. Roll it and slightly flatten with your palms.Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10mins.Meanwhile you shape all the cookies,Place them on a baking tray with butter paper lined.Sprinkle remaining coconut over the cookies.
    How to make Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies Recipe - Step4
  6. The cookies are moist so the coconut gets stuck to the cookies easily.Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 mins or until the edges start to brown.Keep an eye after 12 mins itself.Carefully remove them from butter paper then cool in wirerack.
    How to make Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies Recipe - Step4
Cool down and then store in airtight container.Serve warm with a glass of milk or as a tea time snack.

Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies Recipe

My Notes:

Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies Recipe

Labels: , ,