Vendaka Thayir Pachadi / Bhindi Raita

I luv okras in any form....after my addiction to kadai bhindi this is next to it. Tried this from Nags space with not much of modifications. I have had this once in Saravana Bhavan as a starter for meals not knowing that this was so simple to make it at home.I can guarantee even those who hate okras will like this.
Bhindi or Okra Raita / Vendaka Thayir Pachadi
Ingredients
Method:
  1. Wash and chop the okras into thin rounds .

  2. Heat oil, add mustard seeds let it splutter add jeera fry for a minute, now add onions, green chillies,curry leaves and okra.

  3. Saute for 5-7 mins till onions turn light brown and the okra loses its stickiness.Fry till okras are light crispy. Drain it in a tissue paper to take out the excess oil and keep aside to cool.

  4. Beat curd, add salt. Now add the fried okra mixture and mix well till all is combined.Sprinkle chilli powder on top if needed.
This pachadi goes well with rotis, rice or even as such which is what I did :)

Bhindi or Okra Raita / Vendaka Thayir Pachadi
The nice crunch in the onions with okras dipped in thick curd was yummy......so do give it a try. For me anything dunked in curd has a special place in my tummy so is this one. I luv the vendaka puli pachadi also...will post the recipe sometime soon.

Labels: ,